Protocol approval & application process
Protocol Approval Process
- Ethical research committee (ERC or IRB) approval will be required prior to CRC review. (Available at BSU web site).
- CRC review will consist of a feasibility review for the requested use of CRC services or resources.
- The review process starts upon receiving of the CRC application with ERC approval.
- If there are no questions or issues needing clarification during the review process, the protocol can be approved and a CRC protocol number will be provided by the tenth business day after CRC receipt of the protocol.
- If the PI responds promptly to any questions or items of clarification arising from the review, it is estimated that the turnaround time for the feasibility review would be a total of three weeks from CRC receipt of the protocol.
Depending upon which IRB (RSRB or WIRB) is used for study approval, there are two ways to submit a CRC application, including:
- Hand-to-hand in the CRC center with electronic copy of all documents & forms
- Through e-mail to ( … ) including all required documents & forms